Friday, January 2, 2009

Vacation ennui

Now that my father-in-law has passed and the arrangements are set, all we have to do now is wait til it all takes place Monday night (calling hours) and Tuesday morning (funeral). I will be singing at the funeral mass with Pat Marthage, Mike's cousin, at the behest of my mother-in-law. I'm glad to do it, hope I don't hit too many off-key notes, I don't do this kind of thing very often anymore.

So the last few days of our Christmas break have been quiet and slow-moving, which is nice but I feel restlessness creeping in. I was compelled to vacuum and start putting away what's under the tree today. Mike wants to take it down this weekend though, which never fails each year to make me blue. Have to admit I'm a bit anxious for work and school and routine to resume, but the Monday-Tuesday funeral activities are delaying that usual return to normalcy. Starting 2009 in this unusual and sad way makes me nervous, I hope the rest of the year progresses in a regular fashion.

1 comment:

techcommdood said...

So sorry to hear of your father in law's passing. I've not been good about checking my Reader lately and so am just seeing this.